Delay

Interruptions seem the norm in my world. At work, at home, no task is just completed, start to finish. Something as simple as a toddler's bowel habits or as involved as planning the annual Walk to Remember become the urgent task and the important gets left behind, unfinished, delayed, added to and piled on.

Case in point: In the middle of cleaning the Wall of Shame, I had to stop in order to wash, pack, and plan for a cross country road trip and vacation to Yellowstone. Amazing trip. Worth it. And yet an example of the continuous pulling in multiple directions that keeps me from accomplishing the organization I long to achieve.

It is stressful to me to live in chaos. I find it hard to relax or feel like I can just take a day or an hour to myself. There is always a mess to be cleaned up, something to do, something of someone's that has been left where it doesn't belong. And looking at it makes me angry, frustrated, and tired. Hence my determination to do, to be, better.

Comments